Friday, April 17, 2009

netbook

I love the netbook. when asus first came up with asus eepc 701 i couldn't believe it. it's just so portable. It's main function is internet connectivity. I tend to see it as a handphone that allows you to access the internet and respond to emails. It is truly more like a handphone than a notebook eventhough it may be shaped like a notebook. Certainly the price is akin to a mobilephone. I think it is useful to have one around the house. I keep one in my bag that i carry around and up to my bedroom. It's for accessing the internet in bed. Because it is so light, I surf the web like reading a book in bed. It's really nice.

I bought mine before the webcam comes with it. So I don't have the webcam. It would be nice to have a netbook with webcam. The built in skype is also excellent and I can messenger or call my friends. I think it is worth having a netbook like a telephone at home and it can work like a video phone.

I am hoping the newer netbooks would squeese in a dvd player. It is mainly for those times when you are travelling or moving around and there is no wi fi. At least one can view a movie then. And I am ready to upgrade to a new netbook with webcam and a dvd player. no need to add any other features like bigger ram or memory. keep the price low within the mobile phone range.

No comments: