Friday, July 29, 2011

Road tarring in Bangsar causes annoyance

I have not blogged for a while now but I had a crazy afternoon.

After buying kon loh mee for lunch and picking up my son from school, I found that the road to our house through Lorong Bukit Pantai was blocked for tarring the road. I was ushered over to Lorong Kurau entrance and to get there, I had to go through Jalan Bangsar. Of course, being a friday lunch, the traffic was horribly slow and when I got there, the road was also blocked.

My son said let's just wait at lucky gardens in the car. And we sat there and waited, for like over 2 hours and the road was still blocked.

I think it is really annoying when the contractors appointed to do this road re-tarring do not have the courtesy to have someone wave the traffic and at least allow traffic through one side of the road. There was no notice given to warn residents about the road block. And dbkl ought to know how to deal with such a problem, instead of saying, we'll send someone there and that someone doesn't even know which street I am on. And of course, just to lodge a complaint, first I have to call the dbkl operator who then says, call another number and of course, no one will pick up that number always. So I called back the first number and told someone there no one is picking up that number. Then I was told she'll ask someone to call me and she can't give me a report number cos the computer system is down. Of course, no one calls me back and I have to call back the first number after waiting for a good hour. And I'm spoken to, like I had never called before because there was no report number. By the time someone called to verify the matter, it was 3 hours or so later and I was already home. Dbkl needs to do a better job in handling complaints. Listen, take notes and act on it, and check that it is done. I believe dbkl standard has really deteriorated over the years, from a bandaraya you can depend on, to one that appears clueless.

I think there is something wrong in which the road tarring contracts are being given out. It seems to be given to contractors who have no experience in handling the general public and the residents on how the road works will affect them, and totally insensitive to road users. I have not seen such utter disregard for the residents. Wasted a whole afternoon, sitting in my car, hungry, and running late for a meeting. Really annoying.

No comments: