Tuesday, August 3, 2010

iPhone Maxis 3G

I have no idea how Maxis got its telco licence to operate 3G. What I am paying for using Maxis 3G now is no where close to what I was getting using Digi Edge. I feel so silly getting drawn into switching to Maxis all because I wanted to get an iPhone. Such a mistake.

Now I am reliving my misery all over again. My iPhone crashed today, or rather yesterday. It wouldn't switch on at all. I went to the Maxis shop in telawi bangsar where I bought the iPhone and was told that it would take 3 weeks for the phone to be sent to Maxis for repair. And I am well within the warranty period. After much persuasion I was told Maxis will resolve the problem within 1 week. I have no idea who is looking out for my interest in this day of consumerism but i feel conned. 7 years or more ago when I had a Treo 600 and it crashed, this small retailer in klcc that I bought the phone from agreed to meet me and immediately gave me a new replacement unit immediately. Have we regressed? Have consumer rights been short changed? Or is it just a matter of which multinational is more honourable. Are we again left to the mercy of big corporations. I can't help but feel Apple and/or Maxis has reneged on the contract to deliver a product without any inherent defect. I have paid the entire sum for the unit. And I am now told to wait 1 week while this big corporation figure out what is wrong with my phone unit.

No comments: