Thursday, August 12, 2010

Maxis iPhone Crash Day 10...contd

Well I am still waiting for the call from Maxis to tell me my iPhone is ready for collection. I was told one week but it's been Day 10.

When I called Maxis to ask for an immediate replacement, I was told there is no policy for immediate replacement. Then I asked for an iPhone on loan. And the Maxis staff at the call centre told me to go to the nearest Maxis Centre and ask for one. So I went to Maxis Centre at the Gardens. There I was made to wait for my turn while some of the staff were not attending to anyone. Then my number was called and I was quickly told there is no such thing as a loan phone while my iPhone is being fixed. The staff did not even bother to get down my name or phone number. I was told I wasn't the only one with iPhone problems. The Maxis Call centre have been telling its customers to go to Maxis Centre to get their problems sorted out there because they can't handle the problem and Maxis Centre then turns customers away because they also can't handle the problem. This method really works cos I am so fed up by then I have no energy left to follow through with this iPhone nightmare. (Come to think of it, its the same feeling when dealing with Astro..) I was even told at the Maxis Centre, hey, it is a warranty and not a guarantee la. And I was told, Maxis is itself having problem even getting in touch with Apple in Singapore. And I am just baffled at how absurd Malaysian consumerism has gotten to. I have paid the full sum for the iPhone and now made to listen to this rubbish. I think both Maxis and Apple legal counsels need to address this issue and quickly brief their staff about their responsibilities under the sale of goods law. How can Maxis sell the iPhone and collect the money and now wash its hands by saying, I don't know, the supplier Apple is not even talking to me. And how can Apple make these iPhones that couldn't even last for a year and totally washes its hands. If you go to the Apple website and where it says troubleshoot, I was shocked to see, it says, contact your service provider. There isn't even a contact number by Apple for one to call.

I have quickly gone from loving the iPhone to hating it through all this saga. I have to write this down so I will not forget. I must remember not to transact with any company that has no honour.

1 comment:

de minimis said...

Very distressing. I agree that consumerism needs to rise higher. This is monopolistic behaviour by Maxis. Not acceptable at all